Monday, March 12, 2007

Just BLOG it!

Although neither the concepts nor tools of social media are necessarily new, utilizing these tools is new to me (I guess I’ve been so consumed with completing my masters thesis, I failed to recognize the world was evolving around me? I’m back….and ready to blog). Over the past few months I have been researching and experimenting with different social media tools and how they are used. Although I was instantly intrigued, I must admit it is easy to become overwhelmed (don’t feel bad you are not alone - let my experience…or lack thereof, help)!

Where to begin?
Blog, blog, blog, blog, blog. Did I mention blog? That’s what we’ve done. It’s simple, effective, and fun! Plus, there are more than 57 million blogs to date. Why shouldn’t you have one?

What is a blog?
Short for web log, a blog is an easily updatable website designed to allow users to interact with it. To my surprise, blogs are more than an online journal allowing individuals to share their opinions, thoughts, perspective, and experiences. Although there is nothing wrong with a blog that does just that, this tool, from a business or professional perspective creates a ‘human connection’ with competitors, distributors, suppliers, not to mention customers.

Do you have specific questions concerning social media? Let us know!


Digg!

No comments: